TypeTen, established in 2011, has become a lead provider of construction services for developers, contractors and end users clients throughout London and the UK.
In respect of your personal data, TypeTen acts as a Data Processor within the definition of General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
This privacy notice explains what personal data TypeTen Limited collects from you or about you, how that information is collected and processed and for what purpose and the lawful basis on which the processing of your personal data is conducted. This notice also explains your rights in respect of any of your personal data being processed by TypeTen.
TypeTen Limited is a Limited company registered in England and Wales, registration number 07489135.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by writing to the above registered details below:
Call us on 0207 7426 0322 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Universal House, 88-94 Wentworth Street, London E17SA
What personal data do we process? What do we use your data for?
As a client to TypeTen the data we hold is necessary for:
- Processing is necessary for contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- TypeTen Ltd. to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
Sharing your personal data
We will only share your data where it is required in order to effectively offer or provide our professional services to you. There are also organizations who will have access to your data due to the services they provide to TypeTen Limited such as IT support companies, email and phone service providers and external auditors. While we may not actively share your specific data with these firms we will ensure that when providing access to any data systems, the security of that data is considered and protected at all times.
Sharing your data outside the European Union
We shall not be sharing data outside of the European Union.
How long will we keep your data?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available in our Master Document List which is available from the Office Manager. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your personal data right
In respect of your personal data being processed by TypeTen Limited.
- You have the right to ask us what personal data we are processing about you and request access to or copies of that information.
- You have the right to request that your personal data which is inaccurate, or incomplete is rectified.
- You have the right to request that your personal data is deleted however we may have the right to continue processing your data in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to request that your data is given to you in a format that can be used by another controller and where possible that this is sent directly to the other controller by us.
- Where the processing relies upon your consent or if you are under 18 the consent of an adult bringing the claim on your behalf then the person giving consent has the right to withdraw this at any time.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data where the grounds we rely upon are our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party. Upon receiving an expression of objection, we will review the grounds for processing and respond accordingly. Where we are processing for direct marketing purposes you have the right to object at any time and we will cease processing for such purposes where an objection is received.
- You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making processes including profiling however TypeTen Limited does not employ any automated decision-making processes.
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data:
- Where the accuracy is contested while this is investigated:
- Where the processing is unlawful, but you do not want the data to be deleted;
- Where we no longer need to process the date, but you would like us to store it without further processing for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims.
- Where you have objected to the processing, and we are processing for legitimate interests while it is established if our interests overrise your rights.
We will respond to your request in relation to any of the above rights within one month of us receiving your request unless there is likely to be a delay providing the information or response in which case, we will notify you within one month of receiving the request. There will be no fee payable for us to provide you with the information requested unless the request is for duplicate copies of documents previously provided to you or we feel the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. If a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we may refuse to provide the data rather than charging a fee. Where a fee is charged it will reflect the administrative costs involved in providing you with the information.
We may require identification from you for security purposes before providing any information or acting on requests. Where this is required, we will notify you within one month of receipt of your request.
Where you make a request to us electronically, we will endeavour to respond electronically. If you would prefer not to receive the information electronically you should request this.
If we are unable to comply with your request, we will inform you within one month of receipt of your request providing the reasons and advising you of your options to escalate the matter further.
All requests in relation to the above should be addressed to:
Universal House, 88-94 Wentworth Street, London E17SA
By email to email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office who regulate Data Protection compliance in the UK if you are not satisfied with any response provided by TypeTen Limited in relation to the exercise of your rights under the relevant English Data Protection law.
Automated Decision Making
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making unless we have a lawful basis for doing so and we have notified you.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data:
Name, email address, company telephone number, Job title, company address.
We have obtained your personal data from you directly.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data? Personal data (article 6 of GDPR)
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
- Consent of the data subject
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
More information on lawful processing can be found on the ICO website.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with Clients who are requesting references. Your permission shall be sought first.
Providing us with your personal data
We require your personal data as it is a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
If you fail to adhere the consequences will be failure to enter into a contract.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you.
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, WHERE CONSENT WAS YOUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING THE DATA.
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact the Business Operation Manager. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Data protection officer
We have appointed a data privacy manager to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. This shall be the Business Operation Manager. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the data privacy manager. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact the Business Operation Manager via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7426 0322.