41 Tower Hill
41 Tower Hill, formerly known as S G House, is the old headquarters of Societe Generale and is located near Tower Gateway and Tower Hill train stations, with a great views of the iconic Tower of London, Tower Bridge, and the City of London.
As the principal contractor on this project, we are responsible for the design and build of both the temporary and permanent structure, and the construction process that will bring this project in on time and on budget.
The main phase of our scope of work includes structural steelwork in the central atrium area, our site team have developed a complex sequence of construction in this area that ensures that the central lightwells are maintained whilst delivering additional lettable space for our client and to maintain a third of the lightwell.
The works include the de-construction of curtain walling (glazing, cladding and concrete upstand) and the existing lightwell. The Installation of a fully designed temporary works system to maintain the integrity of the existing structure during major structural alterations, new structural steel frame, and composite slab infills followed by an additional floor installed at roof level.
The scope of works will include but will not be limited to the following:
• (RC) Reinforced concrete slab and wall demolition to atrium and toilet cores from the ground to the 9th floor.
• Composite slab Infills ground to 9th floor.
• New roof extension.
• Riser and staircase formation ground to 9th floor.
• Carbon fibre RC strengthening 3rd – 8th floor.
• 470 tonnes of structural steelwork throughout the basement to the 9th floor, inclusive of a circa 125-tonne roof extension.
• Temporary propping installation throughout the building.
More information on Tower Hill will be released in the following weeks.